Friday, March 9, 2012

wiki walking

So, because I read Trickster, by Copperbadge, and read his note at the end that the "Thompson" referred to in the story is Titanic Tompson, and Damon Runyon based a character on Thompson in his story The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown, on which Guys and Dolls was based, and I worked on Guys and Dolls at Hackmatack Playhouse back in '85 (I think I helped with lights, which would make it '85, because in '84 I stuck with scenery building and painting.) ... *takes a deep breath* BECAUSE of all that, now I want to read The Idyll of Miss Sarah Brown, but Damon Runyon works are not yet on Project Gutenberg and I don't want to pay 30 pounds to eBooks-Library for a year's subscription so I can download this one book. Most of what they have on there seems to be stuff that's on Gutenberg, there's just a few newer things. (Also, I'm not sure about the organization of that "library" site - they have GK Chesterton listed under Sociology and Cooking. Does that seem right?)

The Internets - hell on ADD. Writing all this - having to concentrate and re-follow my rollercoaster of thought - tired me out so much I had to go take a walk on the treadmill to relax before I could come back and brush it up to post.

No comments: