Saturday, March 17, 2012

I should probably be in bed, I'm pretty tired and feel like I might be getting sick, but tomorrow is my Monday and one should never call in on a Monday. I do at least get to go in a little later than usual, so don't have to get up so early. Let me see... I think I can sleep in until 7am. :) Sounds delightful.

We did more yard work, this morning, and I raked a LOT of rocks, trying to get the entire railroad bed up out of the strip of land just on the other side of our arbor vitae. They didn't do a very precise job when they put down the new rails and ties and extra rock last fall.

When my shoulders hurt from raking we went up to L.L.Bean and got free ice-cream. :) They're doing their hundred anniversary celebrations and have got Gifford's to make them a special limited-edition ice-cream, "Muddy Bean Boots" - vanilla base, caramel swirl and chocolate brownie chunks. Yummmm!

Then we meandered down to my cousin Pen's house, stopping at the hardware store on the way (they don't have grass seed out, yet - nobody in Maine is supposed to be thinking about seeding their yard this early in the year) and arriving just in time to have an early dinner with them. She had not seen my email after all - I had wondered, because I thought she would write back - and they were completely surprised, but they had Indian take out and there was plenty for us. And then we got the tour of the property and we nattered on for quite a while - in fact I think we were there closer to two hours, when I'd expected one. :) Pen and her husband are so enthusiastic and have just a ton of interests and projects going on.

Must rest, now.

No comments: